Welcome back, North Austin-Pflugerville! It’s me again, Meagan Falcon, your host the North Austin-Pflugerville newspaper.
We’re back for another issue of the daily newsletter. We have a short week ahead of us (thanks, Thanksgiving Day), but until then we’re here to bring you the latest “dishes” of news.
First the weather today:
Intervals of clouds and sun. High: 70 Low: 55.
Your weekly forecast:
On Tuesday and Wednesday there are increases in humidity and temperature. A cold front brings a good chance of rain and a few thunderstorms Thanksgiving mornings.
Cooler and windy conditions will prevail afternoons and nights beyond the Thanksgiving Front. Rain is possible again on Saturday.
Here are the top stories in North Austin-Pflugerville today:
- The Travis County Sheriff’s Office seeks public assistance iInvestigation of two suspects in connection with the death of a Pflugerville man on Halloween night. (North Austin-Pflugerville Patch)
- Interstellar BBQ Pitmaster shifts the focus from sandwiches to smoked meat in Northwest Austin. (Community Impact Newspaper)
- The front road of State Highway 71 heading west and FM 973 heading south were closed to traffic due to an accident that forced a hazardous substance to be released on Monday morning near Austin Bergstrom International Airport. (KEYE TV CBS Austin)
- the Thanksgiving is very busy according to data from AAA Texas. the 3.9 million Texans are expected to travel from November 24th to 28th means an increase of 12 percent compared to 2020 and a decrease of 6 percent compared to 2019. (Community Impact Newspaper)
- Part of the reinterpretation of the police concept in Austin is the power to diversify, especially for Asian-American Pacific Islanders, so it looks more like the communities it serves. (KVUE.com)
- Beto O’Rourke makes the Texas winter storm an integral part of his campaign against governor Gregor Abbott. (Court intelligence service)
Today’s North Austin-Pflugerville Daily is brought to you from our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring can do a lot more than just doorbells: Check out the full range of smart home products on Ring.com. and Thank you ring for helping get the local news in North Austin-Pflugerville!
Your Patch Thanksgiving Guide:
Thanksgiving Day is Thursday, but until then, you may have many questions. When do shops close, which restaurants are open, what is the best day to take to the streets and where are Black Friday deals?
To avoid these headaches, we’ve compiled a list to answer all of these questions.
North Austin-Pflugerville Patch Notebook
- Police station Pflugerville: “We’re hosting Coffee with a Cop MORNING (11/22) from 7-9 am at West Pecan Coffee + Beer. Come visit us to learn more about our officers, discuss concerns, ask questions – and have a good coffee enjoy! there! ” (Facebook)
- Pflugerville, TX Town Hall: “Do you live near Kelly Lane or do you drive a lot? If so, we recommend you watch our video 👇 to learn more about the impact of the Phase 2 improvements on the area. ”(Facebook)
- Pflugerville Library: “Be Crafty at Home for kids 12 and older on the third Sunday at 2:00 p.m. Adult Service Librarian Meg Miller offers virtual craft tutorials to help you make amazing creations! This month’s craft is DIY Bows & Wrapping Paper.” (Facebook)
- Pflugerville pets live: “We’re only $ 40 away from our original goal of raising $ 2,500 !!!! Can you help us make up the difference? <3 "(Facebook)
- Pflugerville ISD: “ICYMI: We hope that our students and staff enjoy their break! Classes will continue on Monday, November 29th.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Now you’re up to date and ready to walk out the door this Tuesday! See you tomorrow for your next update. If you feel these newsletters, consider taking a few friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
Your friendly neighborhood journalist,
Meagan covers local news for Patch in Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander and Pflugerville.
About Meagan: I was born and raised in Corpus Christi and spent three years covering breaking news and activity in South Texas before moving to the Austin Metro. When I’m not covering the news, I am enjoying a good book, tending my garden, and hanging out with my pup. I am a green thumb beginner. So if you have all of the gardening tips I would love some.
Do you have any news tip or suggestion for an upcoming North Austin-Pflugerville Daily? You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quote of the Day:
“Where there is love, there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi