Good day, neighbors! Meagan Falcon here with the Wednesday copy of the Round Rock daily.
Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Before you prepare for the big day, let’s keep you covered on what’s happening in town, including Thanksgiving hours and the best Black Friday deals.
First the weather today:
Mostly cloudy and windy. High: 75 Low: 56.
Your Thanksgiving Day Prediction:
From 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. you can expect isolated thunderstorms with temperatures around the 60s. From 4 p.m. a cloudy sky awaits you with temperatures in the high 50s.
Here are the top stories in Round Rock today:
- Samsung received the stamp of approval from Governor Greg Abbott on Tuesday to build his $ 17 billion semiconductor factory in Taylor. (Round skirt patch)
- Round Rock ISD hold additional COVID-19 vaccination clinics for children aged 5-11. (Community Impact Newspaper)
- More than 6,000 residential units are under development in the Round Rock metropolitan area. The housing developments are part of the city’s overall plan for 2030, officials said in a . (Round skirt patch)
- There is a good chance your gas bill will go up in the coming months. On November 10th, the The Texas Railroad Commission has approved a settlement agreement with eight different natural gas companies. It allows them Pass on the cost of the winter storm in February directly to the consumerS. Here’s what that means for you. (FOX 7 Austin)
- Operation Turkey, a nonprofit that provides holiday meals to the needy, aims to serve 13,000 people across the Austin area this year. (Community Impact Newspaper)
Today’s Round Rock Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your recipes. GoodRx helps you find the lowest drug prices in local pharmacies so you don’t overpay. Also works for veterinary drugs! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Your Patch Thanksgiving Guide:
Thanksgiving Day is Thursday, but until then, you may have many questions. When do shops close, which restaurants are open, what is the best day to take to the streets and where are Black Friday deals?
To avoid these headaches, we’ve compiled a list to answer all of these questions.
Things to do this weekend:
With the whole family in town this Thanksgiving weekend, several events will be happening in the Austin area to help get everyone in the Christmas spirit.
Here is a list of events for: Austin Metro Activities 26.-28. November
Your Patch Vacation Guide 🎄:
From Christmas shows to Christmas light shows, there is plenty to do. Here is our list of events in the metropolitan area for the holidays this season.
Round notebook with rock patch
- Small free library: “That bright red door! 😍 Repost @kristis_literary_corner #LittleFreeLibrary #littlefreelibrariesofinstagram #littlelibrary #freelittlelibrary #LFL #takeabookleaveabook #bookstagram” (Instagram)
- Williamson County Health District and Cities: “Making turkey for Thanksgiving is a rite of initiation! We don’t want a Thanksgiving feast to fail. Here are some helpful tips to help you cook the perfect turkey.” (Facebook)
- Round Rock Area Serving Center: “Happy Thanksgiving from RRASC !!! 🦃” (Facebook)
- The American Legion, George John’s Post 447: “Comedy Night tonight – starts at 7pm #roundrocktx #laugh #barspecials #AmericanLegion” (Facebook)
- Round rock drums: “We had a fantastic time at the show. Enjoy the drums … :)” (Facebook)
- Round Rock Public Library: “Hey # NaNoWriMo authors: You are almost there with 9 days to get to # 50000Words! Try this prompt to continue. #NaNoWriMo” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Now you are up to date and can start this Wednesday. I’ll be gone by Tuesday; However, you will receive more news from my colleagues on Friday. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and see you!
If you enjoy these newsletters, invite some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
Your friendly neighborhood journalist,
Meagan covers local news for Patch in Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander and Pflugerville.
About Meagan: I was born and raised in Corpus Christi and spent three years covering breaking news and activity in South Texas before moving to the Austin Metro. When I’m not covering the news, I am enjoying a good book, tending my garden, and hanging out with my pup. I’m a green thumb beginner so if you have all of the gardening tips I would love some.
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Round Rock Daily? I am listening. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quote of the Day:
“One who wants the fruit has to climb the tree.” – Thomas Fuller