Our last trip to Europe was on the cruise ship Emerald, which is considered the jewel of the Rhine.
We cruised through France, Germany, Amsterdam and ended with two days in Lucerne, Switzerland. We made the trip the whole time with our COVID vaccination cards.
This 11 day trip has been postponed a couple of times but we feel comfortable and prepared. In next week’s column I will share some moments from our tour and talk about the landscape, castles and historical sites.
• September 16: “A bench in the sun”. Dinner show at the Daytrippers Theater near Bloomington. We will be departing from the south end of Walmart at 9am.
• October 6: Cruise the Mississippi Fall Leaves. We leave at 8 a.m. with a return time of 7 p.m.
• October 20: Ride the Boone Valley Scenic Train. Includes a train ride in a private car, lunch, and a museum tour of a gift shop. The ride starts at 8:00 AM and returns around 7:00 PM
• 17.-20. November: Springfield, Missouri; National Wildlife Museum and Branson, with five shows and a full program.
• Dec 1st: “The Music Man” at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater. A few places remain.
• December 29th: Christmas musical with “Andy and Bing”. Includes lunch.
The travel agency is open Mondays and Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Postal address is Evies Travel PO Box 575 Austin, Mn. 55912 and the phone number is 507-438-3946.
Guests must show their vaccination card and bring face masks with them if necessary. We hope things will change soon, but we will continue to do our best during these times. Stay safe.