Tomorrow, San Antonio! It’s Wednesday so let’s start with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First the weather today:
Mostly cloudy and windy. High: 76 Low: 59.
Rent this space:
Are you a local real estate agent, law firm, or entrepreneur? Keep an eye on your San Antonio business by becoming a local premium sponsor for the Daily. Learn more about how it works here.
Here are today’s top stories in San Antonio:
- If you are looking for a unique way to celebrate the holidays, David Gonzalez, vice president of media relations and communications with Visit San AntonioHe shares with you “all the festive family fun you can have just down the street!” To see the video of Austin to Alamo City and hear all about the beloved Texas City Winter Wonderland Events, Visit: (KEYE TV CBS Austin)
- San Antonios The great tamalada is celebrating a comeback with a hybrid model 11.-12. December, from 11 am-6pm After this COVID-19 The pandemic forced the annual tamale-centered festival to go digital 2020“The event now“ caters to both virtual and personal crowds. ”Virtual events are videos of Dr. Ellen Clark, Founder of The great tamaladawho will talk about making tamales. During the live events, tamales, tamale kits, and Christmas gifts are sold, and the vendors have hot chocolate and ‘buñuelos’ for sale inside Historic market place. There will also be live Tejano Entertainment, a reading from a children’s book Camilla The Magica makes tamales and artificial snow “, and a thematic sketch by Cultural Arts of Guadalupe Actor. Entry to the event is free and public. (San Antonio stream)
- the James Beard Foundation, “a New York City-based non-profit organization named in honor of a prolific food writer, teacher, and cookbook author James Beard, “will host the Try America Dinner on Sunday December 12th at Dashi, is located on 2895 Thousand Oaks Drive. The dinner event starts at 6:30 in the evening with cocktails followed by a seated dinner at 19 o’clock presents the food from top San Antonio Cooks Kristina Zhao, Jian Li, Johnny hernandez. The fancy dinner that the James Beard Foundation Open for Good Campaign, “is a multi-course menu from the chefs as well as drinks from Rabbit Hole Distillery, White claw hard seltzer and William Chris Vineyards. “Buy yours Tickets for $ 300 per couple (Single tickets are not available). (San Antonio stream)
today San Antonio Daily is brought to you by Newrez. When looking for a home, choosing the right mortgage is one of the most important steps. Here’s why you can save real money on your mortgage, if you use it wisely. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in San Antonio:
- Candylicious Thanksgiving Craft Workshop – Kidcreate Studio. (9:00 am)
- Getting Smart – Cortez Library. (10:00 a.m)
- Toddler Time Online Live – Westfall Library. (10:00 a.m)
- Toddler stories in the courtyard – Kids & Teens – Schertz Public Library. (10:15 am)
- Candylicious Thanksgiving Craft Workshop – Kidcreate Studio. (1:00 pm)
San Antonio Patch Notebook
- FC San Antonio: “Fought hard to the end. Fight together. “(Instagram)
- San Antonio Zoo: “Hey there, Tuesday give is next week! Mark your calendars and help us continue our vision to secure a future for wildlife! “(Instagram)
- Visit San Antonio: “Just a few steps from the bank of the River course, you can visit, shop and explore at Shops in the Rivercenter! With over 100 retailers, as well as restaurants and local attractions, this is a great place to spend the day with the family. “(Facebook)
- San Antonio Sports and Social Club: “Nothing like a grill to keep you warm in the fields on a cool night. “(Facebook)
- San Antonio Police Department: “SHARE THE SHOES! NOW to 30th of November You can donate brand new shoes Good Samaritan Community Service! Donate to all six SAPD Substations: Substation map (sanantonio.gov). “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
You are all caught up for today. I’ll get in touch with you tomorrow morning with a new update! If you enjoy these newsletters, be sure to invite some of your friends and neighbors to follow them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Gabriela Couvillion
About me: I am an active mother of two adult sons and life sentence in San Antonio. I have a BA in Spanish from the University of Texas at San Antonio and in my spare time I immerse myself in creative writing. Thank you for reading Patch and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any news and events that you think our readers might like!
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming San Antonio Daily? Contact me at email@example.com.